Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

Blogging, Addictive Personalities Beware!

I will always remember A conversation I had with my mum on the subject of addiction I replied to some comment she made with "I don't have an addictive personality" and as I said those words cigarette in one hand, Can of disgustingly sugary energy drink in the other it dawned on me...the realization that actually I probably do!

When people say addiction it brings to mind drugs, binge drinkers and smokers and yes those are the common forms of addiction, the most damaging ones with scientific grounding in that the chemicals in said products are, by their very nature, addictive. But have you ever thought about the lesser addictions? Tattoos people are finding out fast how addictive they are! (I only have 3 so far)




Also coffee? Tea? Chocolate?...Hobbies...yes that's right I said hobbies!

Because Is a hobby really that far from an addiction? If you think about it, you spend a lot (if not all ) of your money on it. you will do it at any opportunity you can ( and if you have very little free time don't you just crave the opportunity to sit down and partake in your favorite pass time?) and it affects your social groups after all sometimes the best friends are the ones we have most in common with!

I'm not saying hobbies are a bad thing I think they are great ( I should know I have more than enough of them) it just got me thinking do some people pick up hobbies easier than others?

I can safely say I am thoroughly addicted to blogging I'm always coming up with great Ideas for posts, experiencing things I want to share or spotting products that I'd love to review.

So I will ask you....Blogging, do you think its addictive?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, blogging... It is addictive. Almost all of the spare-time I have, I spend it brainstorming for new blog posts or reading and commenting on other blogs.
    Lovely post! :)

    salha | abuhayar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad its not just me that feels this way :) I even end up walking around my workplace with a note bad jotting down ideas and brainstorming

      Delete