Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Weight Loss, A Few Tips

I have always been chubby. Sad but true, I was a chubby baby, a chubby child and a very chubby teenager so it goes without saying that I got used to it. I often thought I have always been fat so I won't be able to change. Don't get me wrong I have tried to change, many times, without success and in this process I have tried almost every fad diet that I came across desperate for the quick fix ( I will say this now, for me fad diets don't work!) so in all my trial and error I have found a few tips that have Really worked!

Before I start I need to say that everyone is different so what works for me might not work for you.




So here we go.

1) Keep a food diary! Buy a notebook, one that you like because trust me you will be spending a lot of time scribbling in it. Before you start your healthier life or diet (whatever you are calling it) spend a week eating like normal and write everything down, every last mouthful, every sneaky snack. At the end of the week have a look at the food you've eaten and do the maths see how many calories you actually put in your system because if you don't know how you have being going wrong then how can you expect to fix the problem.

Then when you start your healthier life write everything down to keep on track, add up your calories as you go along and you can spot your pitfalls and avoid them.

2) Get Inspired And Motivated! Taking that first step in loosing weight can be terrifying and you may find that you lose sight of your target or think its not achievable, this is where pintrest becomes a handy tool, just type in "weight loss success" and BOOM! hundreds of pictures of success stories flood your screen, type in "Before and after weight loss pictures" and BOOM! pictures of how achievable it actually is are there for your viewing pleasure.

I have two boards on pintrest one of inspirational weight loss stories and pictures that make me feel better about my goal and one of all the pretty clothes I have wanted to wear but felt I couldn't because I'm too big. when I'm feeling like I'm struggling or wavering off of the path I look at these boards and remind myself why I'm on this weight loss journey.



3) EXERCISE! Well this one is fairly self explanatory really. but it boils down to this even 5 minutes of exercise is better than none at all. I try to go for a brisk walk once a day, if I do any more than that its an added bonus.


4) Remember Every Pound That Has Gone! You might have lost 1 pound or hundreds no matter what that number is remind yourself everyday of your success. Its important to recognize your achievements.


5) Bad Weeks Happen, Don't Get Disheartened! no matter how hard you try you will no doubt have a bad day or week, don't let it get you down just pick yourself up dust yourself off and keep going.



So to all of you I say, good luck on your journey and I wish you every success that you wish for yourselves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment